Recently, StableHost has made a significant update to their shared hosting plans. They once offered 3 upgradable plans with different amounts of disk storage, but now there are 2 completely new plans available.
Named as Starter and Pro, the new plans share nearly the same feature except that the former supports to host 1 domain only while the latter allows hosting unlimited websites. The prices for the plans are $4.95/mo and $8.95/mo respectively, and there are discounts for annually billing customers.
Both plans include 1 CPU core, 1 GB RAM, a maximum of 15 PHP processes and 15 MySQL connections. If you want more resources or better support (through phone), you can purchase the enterprise hosting plan Platinum which costs $29.95/mo. The cost of a new domain starts from $14.95/mo.
Below are the main pros and cons of StableHost shared web hosting.Pros:
- Easy-to-use tools: cPanel control panel, Softaculous script installer & website builder.
- Unlimited disk space, bandwidth, MySQL databases & FTP accounts.
- Unlimited email accounts, forwarders, auto-responders and mailing lists.
- Development features: PHP 5.2/5.3/5.4, MySQL 5.5, Perl, Python & Ruby on Rails.
- Daily R1Soft backups which increase the security of website data.
- SSH charges an additional fee of $2.5.
- The cost of $4.95/mo is quite high for hosting a single domain, not to mention there are no extras like advertising credits and free domain.
- No refund after the first 45 days. StableHost guarantees 45-day refund for first-time accounts, and after the initial period, there is no way to get a penny back. This guarantee makes it a little bit risky to buy the 2-year or 3-year plan.