JustHost has been offering VPS hosting service for a few years. To figure out whether this service is a good choice for online business, we have worked out a review on JustHost VPS from several aspects, including price, features, speed, uptime and technical support.
Founded in 2008, JustHost is an award-winning Linux web hosting provider. Recently, the company has released VPS hosting to provide upgradability for customers whose websites have grown out of the shared hosting resources. We were lucky to get an account at the beginning of JustHost VPS hosting testing period. Up to now, we have over 6 months' experience with this service, so we promise this review is unbiased.
JustHost has 4 VPS plans named as Standard, Enhanced, Premium and Ultimate, which are respectively priced at $29.99/mo, $59.99/mo, $89.99/mo and $119.99/mo. On the market, these plans are really affordable. Now, the company is offering a 50% discount for visitors going through this promotional link, with which the price starts from $14.99/mo. The detailed price information is listed in the following table.
JustHost offers 1 year, 6 months, 3 months and even 1 month billing terms to enable customers to choose one of the billing cycles based on the current budget. To be honest, we suggest readers starting with the 1-month Standard plan if they simply need a VPS plan to host the websites that have grown out of the shared web hosting. This plan comes with a free domain and 1 free IP, and only pricing at $14.99/mo.
JustHost Promotional Link Activation
JustHost is really giving a huge discount recently. If you are going to purchase any products, you can make payment via PayPal, credit card, checks and money orders. Besides, the company supports anytime money back, which is quite rare in the industry. From this guarantee, you can also have a glimpse of their company strength. Thus, with JustHost, you can really experience a worry-free and customer-oriented service.
As one of the web hosts that provide the most rich-featured VPS hosting solutions on the market, JustHost offers fully managed VPS hosting service, which is good for newbies or those people who want to concentrate on their businesses. Besides, each JustHost VPS plan comes with the most popular cPanel control panel, CentOS 6.5, PHP, Apache, and so on. Some other outstanding features are listed in the following table.
|CPU Core||Dual Core||Dual Core||Triple Core||Quad Core|
|RAM||2 GB||4 GB||6 GB||8 GB|
|Disk Space||30 GB||60 GB||120 GB||240 GB|
|Bandwidth||1 TB/mo||2 TB/mo||3 TB/mo||4 TB/mo|
|How to Claim ||Link Activation||Link Activation||Link Activation||Link Activation|
In addition, each JustHost VPS plan comes with instant provisioning with which customers are able to set up and running in mere seconds without waiting for hours or even days.
The following excellent features are also available in all JustHost VPS plans, which enables the users to enjoy an easier life.
- Full root access with which users can control the server as they like and install any software they want.
- The ability to manage multiple VPS accounts from a single interface. The dedicated hosting accounts and shared hosting accounts are also supported.
- Cloud technology which guarantees a high level of flexibility that could get all kinds of growing needs covered. The adoption of new features would be easier, too.
- The WHM access which allows users to manage websites for clients in an easy way.
- Weebly, a popular and easy-to-use site building tool that comes with a drag-and-drop feature. Users can set up a fully functional website in minutes, and add slideshows and videos with clicks.
Besides, JustHost offers some optional value-added services. VPS customers can purchase these services with one click through the control panel.
- SiteLock. SiteLock scans websites regularly to detect the spam, malware and many other threats. It can also fix vulnerabilities before they cause security problems. The users can display a SiteLock security seal to increase visitors' trust.
- Additional resources. JustHost VPS customers are able to purchase storage at any time when there is a shortage.
- SiteBackup Pro. This service allows users to have complete control over the backup and restoration of their websites. It brings the possibility to recover specific folders, databases, tables and files.
Speed & Uptime
With multiple state-of-the-art data centers located in Illinois, Michigan, and Texas, all of which are equipped with hundreds of high performance Dell servers, UPS power and diesel generator, JustHost is able to provide solid uptime for customers to run their websites smoothly and rapidly. All the first-rate facilities have achieved an excellent uptime which is better than 99.99% guaranteed.
Officially, the company guarantees 99.9% uptime. And according to statistics, JustHost performs 99.98% uptime overall. Since 2010, the company only had one serious outage. And most of their users think highly of their performance.
When it comes to speed, all websites hosted with JustHost are covered. By utilizing advanced cloud technologies like KVM and OpenStack to upgrade and enhance the servers, JustHost is able to keep the page loading speed less than 1 second. Besides, JustHost engineers and technicians are monitoring the data centers and servers all the time, so that they are capable of finding and resolving any issue immediately to ensure that the hosted sites are without any interruption.
To achieve the satisfactory result, JustHost has done the following preparations.
- All of their web servers are of branded components, SSD database storage and RAID 10 array to ensure the efficient delivery of website data.
- JustHost locates these server machines at multiple advanced data centers, which are equipped with 24/7 facility monitoring, strict security system, redundant power supply, power and water prevention system, automatic climate control and many more.
- The CloudFlare CDN service is offered for free. Upon the successful activation, your webpages can be stored and cached from more than 60 data centers all over the world.
- The I/O isolation technology is used by JustHost. In this case, your site can be segregated properly from some bad users within the same server, so your website running can hardly be affected negatively by these neighborhoods.
Fully Managed VPS Hosting Service
Here, we have to note that the VPS hosting service offered by JustHost is fully managed. In this case, it is their responsibility for the server maintenance tasks but not yours, which include security patches, application update, operating system installation, server configuration and many more. This means you can enjoy the powerful hosting solution and focus on your website running only, without the need to pay attention to the server-side issues.
In addition, with the fully managed VPS hosting, you can enjoy the great technical support whenever you encounter any problem concerning about your virtually private server machines.
Owing a powerful support team, JustHost provides a high level of technical support through toll-free phone call, email and live chat. The support staffs are well-trained, professional, knowledgeable, experienced, and on-site 24x7, so that they are able to give quick response and efficient assistance as soon as they are asked for help.
Since all of JustHost VPS plans are managed, customers can depend on the provider for multiple tasks such as the operating system updates, security patches, performance monitoring and automatic backups, so that they can focus on the advanced server administration and custom scripts. People without much knowledge on server management could benefit a lot from the "management".
What's more, in JustHost online knowledgebase, the engineers and technicians have developed hundreds of useful articles and video tutorials to teach customers how to set up a website, develop it and deal with common issues independently.
Conclusion: JustHost VPS Is a Good Option for Online Business
According to what we have discussed before, JustHost is really such a web host that offers affordable, rich-featured, fast and reliable VPS hosting
solutions, so it is deserved to be recommended to online business owners. Besides, the quality technical support makes customers able to concentrate on their business without any distraction.