Just like the Linux web hosting, Intermedia provides 4 Windows web hosting plans, too, and prices them at quite high rates. As most leading Windows hosting providers
offer entry plans at less than $10/mo, Intermedia almost doubles the prices. You can learn the basic information about the plans in below.
In addition to what shown above, the 4 plans include 2/3/4/5 GB email storage and 100/200/300/400 GB bandwidth respectively. $25 one-time setup fee is required for each plan.
With Intermedia, you are able to purchase extra resources and features. However, the problem is that the prices are very high, which could exceed your budget soon.
- Bandwidth: $1.2/mo per GB.
- Disk storage/email storage: $5/mo per 25 MB.
- Memory: $25/mo per 256 MB.
- Domain redirects: $5/mo for each.
In terms of other features, all plans come with HostPilot control panel, Windows server 2008, ASP.NET 1.1/2.0/3.5/4.0, MSSQL 2008, ASP.NET MVC 2.0, Silverlight, LINQ, AJAX, isolated application pools, etc.
The available features can meet most users' needs, but as you may have noticed, Intermedia does not always offer the latest versions of Windows technologies like Windows server 2012, ASP.NET 4.5 and ASP.NET MVC 5. If you need these newer versions, this company is not a good hosting option. Besides, the control panel is also an obvious demerit.
In fact, there are far more limitations coming with Intermedia Windows hosting plans especially the Basic plan. Although Basic is priced about $20/mo, it:
- Includes 1 application pool, and allows 2 apps and virtual directories only.
- Does not support PHP.
- Does not include MSSQL/MySQL database by default. If you need one, you have to pay $10/mo for 1 database with 200 MB storage.
- Charges $10/mo for the creation of 301 redirects.