Currently, all of HostColor shared hosting plans include the following features regardless of the management level you choose.
- PHP 5.6, Perl 5.10, Python 2.6, Apache 2.2, MySQL 5.5 with phpMyAdmin, SSI, and CGI-BIN.
- cPanel control panel & Softaculous installer.
- Shared SSL certificate and SpamAssassin anti-spam protection.
- 128 MB RAM.
Note that SSH and Ruby on Rails are absent from the feature list, so you may not be able to use them with HostColor. Besides, as the use of Cron Jobs is strictly limited, you have to learn about the restrictions carefully if you rely much on scheduled tasks.
In addition to the features listed above, managed shared hosting users also get free access to the following things which are fully managed by the provider's technical team.
- A dedicated IP and a private SSL certificate.
- Initial account setup, review and optimization.
- Uptime monitoring and website traffic analyses.
- Up to 2 hours' code or debugging of the open source applications in Softaculous app library.
- Initial setup of email, file or database.
- Web hosting resource usage management and optimization.
- eCommerce consulting.
The available features tell that HostColor managed shared hosting plans are only suitable for those businesses desiring premium online presence with the minimal efforts and time.
The unmanaged plans, however, are good for normal users with some knowledge about FTP, HTML and cPanel. If you can complete basic website management tasks by yourself, you are suggested to purchase an unmanaged plan instead of a managed one because the latter costs too much.