As mentioned above, HostClear only offers shared hosting, and only one package is available. This package, named Premium, is always discounted for the initial purchase of the first-time accounts. Now with a 50% discount, you can buy the package at $2.99/mo, $3.99/mo and $4.99/mo for 3/2/1 year(s). No monthly billing is allowed.
These prices are quite affordable considering the features which will be introduced below, but you need to pay attention to the renewal prices which are $5.98/mo, $7.98/mo and $9.98/mo.
At such prices, Premium comes with some freebies including a free .com/.org/.net domain name, and $100 credits for Yahoo/Bing search.
Another highlight of the package is that it includes quite rich features. By purchasing this package, you gain access to most of the features you will need to host websites, such as:
- The cPanel control panel with a simplified interface and easy-to-use tools.
- Unlimited hosted domains, disk storage, bandwidth, and MySQL databases.
- Unlimited email accounts with autoresponders, email forwarding and spam filters.
- A free drag-and-drop website builder with over 1000 templates.
- PHP, cURL, FastCGI, Ruby on Rails, Perl, Python, SSH, and Cron Jobs.
Except for these features, however, the following things are worth notices.
- You cannot install scripts through the Softaculous installer because this tool is not available.
- PostgreSQL is not allowed on all HostClear servers.
- With HostClear, the data safety is completely your own responsibility. The company does offer automatic backups, but the backup is performed once a week and overwrites any existing backup copy. Besides, this service may be terminated by the provider at any time.
- There are no clear statements about the usage limitations of the disk space and bandwidth.