Gate.com offers three shared hosting plans named Basic, Business and Professional. All of these plans include unlimited bandwidth, basic web stats software, a shared SSL certificate and email spam protection.
As both Linux hosting and Windows hosting are available with Gate.com, you can choose your own platform when placing an order. However, this capability is not included in the cheapest Basic plan.
Depending on the operating system, you get access to cPanel or Plesk control panel. Both control panels are feature rich and easy-to-use, but you have to note that Gate.com is not utilizing the latest versions of them.
The three plans are priced at $4.95/mo, $9.95/mo and $29.95/mo, and if you choose the annual term, you can get two months for free. Among the plans, Business and Professional include unlimited disk storage and email accounts, 10 MySQL databases, and many other features. However, the Basic plan comes with very limited features.
- It includes 20 GB storage and 25 email accounts.
- You are allowed to host one domain only.
- The site builder included in this plan allows creating 10 pages only.
- No MySQL database is offered for this plan.
In fact, many more limitations can be found for Gate.com shared hosting plans, some of which are listed in below.
- Basic and Business cannot be used to host online shops.
- The use of CGI scripts is limited. Any script that is considered to affect the server performance will be removed without notice.
- If you want to use cron jobs, you have to ask the support team to review them before you can actually run them. The review may take days or longer, and you might not get permissions.
- All web hosting accounts are limited to 5000 files.
- Chat rooms are not allowed to be installed on any web hosting account.