EPHost offers two plans in terms of Linux shared hosting. Named EP Pro and EP Unlimited, the plans are distinguished by some crucial resources such as the hosted site, disk space and database.
- EP Pro: $6.95/mo, including 1 hosted site, 10 GB disk space, 300 GB bandwidth and 1 MySQL database.
- EP Unlimited: $11.95/mo, including unlimited hosted sites, disk space, bandwidth and databases.
Despite these differences, both of the two plans come with the following impressive features.
- Unlimited email accounts with free anti-virus and anti-spam service.
- Cron Jobs, and PHP 5.4 with suPHP.
- cPanel, Softaculous installer, and website statistics software.
- Shared SSL certificate, hotlink blocking and daily website backups.
These features are all good, while the downside is that they are not enough for developers or those advanced users who want more. For example, the advanced yet commonly seen features, such as SSH, Python, Perl and Ruby, are not allowed on EPHost shared servers. This is really a piece of bad news.
When the features are considered, EPHost doesn't provide cost-effective shared hosting plans since many web hosts do much better than it. For instance, InMotion Hosting
, a company known for fast speed, allows users to host two websites with all the EPHost features and SSH, application rollback and Python/Perl/Ruby at a cost of $3.49/mo only.