Acenet claims to provide premium web hosting service backed by premium hardware. Maybe that is why the company offers a single web hosting plan and marks it with a high rate.
Currently, Acenet prices the web hosting plan at $13/mo. Instead of offering multiple billing cycles for customers to choose, the company only allows a 3-month term, which means you have no choice but to pay $39 before trying the plan. To be honest, the plan is not affordable at all as there are many hosting solutions priced at no more than $5/mo.
Of course, price is not the only factor you need to consider when evaluating a service. However, after reading the pros and cons of Acenet web hosting plan in below, you will see the plan is not cost-effective.
- cPanel is available, and it is packed with Softaculous, a tool offering auto installation of over 300 scripts.
- You can make a choice among PHP 5.2/5.3/5.4/5.5, and have access to all the common features including MySQL 5.5, Perl, Python, FastCGI, SSH, Cron Jobs, .htaccess and PHP.ini.
- 1000 email accounts and 100 FTP accounts are included.
- Priced at a high rate of $13/mo, the plan allows hosting a maximum of 10 websites only. Most hosting plans with the same pricing level support unlimited domains.
- The plan includes 32 GB disk space and 320 GB monthly data transfer. And the number of sub-domains, parked domains and MySQL databases are limited to 100.
- Some features like Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL are not supported.
- Website backups are not allowed to be stored on the server.
- Since only one plan is offered, there is no upgrade option on the shared servers. The cheapest cloud server of Acenet costs $49.95/mo.
- Though being expensive, the web hosting plan does not include any freebie like free domain or advertising credits.